Skip to content
Looking after your windows and doors will keep them in optimum condition
- Do not use oil to lubricate squeaky hinges (or any nylon moving parts), use a silicone/ teflon based maintenance spray
- Once a year, clean and spray visible moving metal parts, particularly door locks and ‘friction stay’ window hinges
- Never allow the use of washing up liquid in the water when your windows are cleaned – it attacks and degrades the seals. This also adds a haze to your glass.
- Use a generous squirt of cream cleanser in warm water to spring clean white uPVC, (no abrasives should be used on woodgrain)
- Keep sliding patio door tracks brushed clean of mud, grit and dust.
- Make sure there is a key in each room for undoing security-locking windows in the event of an emergency